Do I have any food lovers out there? Good, because I have definitely caught the cooking bug and can’t get enough of trying out new recipes (especially ones that are healthy!). Whenever I need a little foodie inspiration, I always turn to my good friend of over 10 years, Neda Varbanova. If the name sounds familiar, then you’ve probably come across her incredible food blog, Healthy With Nedi, at some point or another! Not only is Neda in great shape, but she also prides herself in making the best food and baked goods with healthy, organic ingredients, so I obviously had to share one of my favorite recipes with all of you!
This particular dish is a tasty, low-carb spin on baked eggs and is suitable for any meal — breakfast, lunch, or dinner — which I personally love because who doesn’t love having breakfast for dinner! So, get your appetite ready because this protein and fiber-filled dish will quickly become one of your new faves!
Neda’s Baked Eggs with Feta & Veggies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready in: 40 Minutes
About 4 Servings
What You’ll Need:
4 Slices Feta Cheese
5 Free-Range, Organic Eggs
1 Cup Mixed Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
1 Red Pepper, Thinly Sliced
1 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 Hot Green Pepper, Chopped
5-6 Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Chopped (Optional)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the peppers, onion, garlic, oregano, and olive oil.
3. Lightly grease a baking dish (I used a glass 8×8 pyrex pan) and place the sliced feta in the bottom of the dish.
4. On top of the feta, layer the cherry tomatoes and add the veggie mixture.
5. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and crack the eggs on top.
7. Back at 400°F for another 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with cayenne pepper or chili flakes!