Being pregnant isn’t easy, but on top of that, I am planning my wedding, too! To say I have a lot on my plate is a complete understatement, which is why Corey and I have decided to go with our original plan and get married after the baby is born. We are doing it backwards, I know! But, God’s timing is everything, and I am confident that this is the way things are supposed to be (Plus, I have a feeling our wedding photos will be extra adorable with our little baby in our arms instead of in my tummy!).
For all of you who have planned a wedding before, you know how stressful it is! And for those of you who haven’t, I am here to tell you how crazy it is. I’ve dreamt about this day for my entire life, but I had no idea where to start when it actually came time to start planning. So, I’ve broken it down into steps and wanted to share some pointers I’ve learned along the way! We are far from being done, but I promise to keep you all updated as we go.
1. The proposal!
2. Spend hours on Pinterest. I’ve created a Pinterest board with different ideas, themes, and dresses!
Photo Credit: Style Me Pretty
4. Insure your ring!
5. Select your team. AKA bridesmaids and groomsmen.
6. Make a guest list. You guys have no idea how difficult this was! We want our wedding to be small and intimate, so we made a list of family and close friends, then eliminated people we haven’t spoken to in the past year, then the past 6 months, and so on until we had our finalized guest list.
7. Take engagement photos! We are currently in the process of doing this step. My advice is to choose a few locations and outfits and be sure to shoot somewhere that totally defines who you are as a couple. And don’t be afraid to go all out! Being flirty, cute, romantic, and silly will produce the best results (I’m ALL about candid moments).
8. Find THE DRESS. I’m super picky and know exactly what I want, so I’m not surprised that I’ve already tried on about 20 dresses and have yet to find the perfect dress. So, the hunt continues!
Well, this is where we are at. Once we lock in a date and location, we will send out save the dates and let the fun begin! In the meantime, does anyone have any guesses as to where we will tie the knot? Happy guessing:)